Wednesday, June 10, 2009

She Walks!




As you can see, Katrina has finally taken the final "step" into full, baby mobility. She's officially become a toddler! Today Katrina has been walking all over the house. From furniture to us, from us to furniture, and just walking for the fun of it. It's funny, it isn't very hot in the apartment but Katrina is pretty sweaty. She's been exercising a lot today just by her sheer joy of walking.

So I found out this good news this morning. Tori called me at work and told me that Katrina has walked from the couch to the computer (where she was) without any cruising. That was cool but not really exceptional. Evidently, Tori kept mum all day while Katrina was practicing for when I get home. So, on my way home I bet Tori that Katya won't walk at all that evening when I get home (just to make a liar out of Tori). However, as soon as I opened the front door, the familiar squeal from Katya came, and she came toddling over to me. It was GREAT!

For those of you who a frequent readers, it comes as no surprise that this is long overdue and welcomed news. We've been waiting for Katrina to cross this hurdle for months. Now, what can we push her to accomplish next? I'm thinking triathlons (hey, she likes to walk and swim, why not throw cycling in there too?).

4 comments:

Tasha's Life said...

I like the scream and the flailing arms. I'm sure it helps with balance. How exciting!!!! And right before the family reunion, too. I can't wait to see you guys!!!!

Cindy said...

Babies doing triatholons... birlliant! I wonder how long it will take her to learn how to ride a bike.

Jolena said...

Love it! I was wondering if the flailing arms help her go faster. :) Good luck on the plane ride next week! I hope she'll sit down now that she can go wherever she wants.

Deidre said...

Um climbing. Really all the things they do next are just frightening...and hard on the furniture. :)