Monday, June 1, 2009

Pity me!

I'm having my own little pity party right here and thought I would share.

I can't smell properly, and I can't taste properly, and everything I eat tastes the same at first and it tastes bad!

I am sooooo hungry right now, because all I have had today is a bowl of cereal, an apple, and four crackers, and it is now 3:30. The cereal and crackers both tasted funny. The apple made me feel sick after about half of it, but I forced the rest down. I have discovered that anything with cheese or eggs or other protein in it (not most meat, however), tastes awful, especially at first, and then the normal taste comes through somewhat. The popcorn, the grilled cheese sandwich, and even the cookies I had last night all tasted the same. Oh, and my sense of smell has been slowly improving, but things still don't smell quite right.

I set up an appointment with the Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor today, but the appointment isn't until the 19th. I really should have made the appointment much earlier, but I kept waiting to see if the symptoms would improve on their own. They have, a little, but now it's almost worse because food tastes so weird! And it's the same funny taste everywhere. It's all been since last week, when I had a minor cold. Since a cold is what brought this on in the first place (well, more likely the nasal decongestant spray I used), I suppose it makes sense that another cold would change symptoms. Maybe I just need to keep having colds until the symptoms sort themselves out. :]

And I was so determined to make dinner for Adam tonight, which I haven't done in awhile. But at this point I'm having a hard time taking care of myself and the baby because of hunger. Oh, and we are going shopping tonight, so my fridge is fairly empty.

Anyway, I was throwing a pity party and thought I'd spread the "joy". At least Katrina is a trooper and is mostly entertaining herself while I lay around feeling bad. I have a book with ideas of games to play with toddlers, and I've tried a few today, but she lost interest so quickly each time, that I'm just going to let her walk around entertaining herself and call it good.

1 comment:

Elise said...

Hah, yeah, Everett was never much of a fan of those games either. I think that just means they're too smart :). And my theory always was that if they are going around discovering (or re-discovering) things, feeling them, figuring out how to get to them, etc, it was the best brain work they could get.

oh, and here:

********PITY!!!!***********

Hmm. Oh well. It's the best I can do from here, except to say that your situation stinks (he he he) and that I would feel like cutting my tongue out by now if I were you. I hope the appointment comes fast and I hope that it only takes one visit for the doctor to make everything better. Geez. What a nightmare!