Saturday, June 27, 2009

Just a little mopey

Adam left for Scout Camp this morning. It's a week long. He does come back late Sunday night so he can work two days next week, and then he'll be gone again. I will be fine these first two days, though I really wish he had left me the car, because I don't know how I am going to get to church. I called some people that live near us and they haven't returned my call. Everyone else has too many kids to fit us in. A little later today, if I haven't heard back from that one couple, I will call the only other person who lives nearby who could take me, though she's the ward organist and gets there over an hour early to practice, so I'm not too keen on that.

Katrina is delightful, so we've been having fun. But she is also more challenging because she is getting into more things and being a little more willful. Usually, when she picks something off of the floor, I ask her to bring it me and she does, no problem. But today she was throwing tantrums even when I took trash from her, not just the things she loves like the phone and remote. She also refuses to tell me during mealtimes whether she is still hungry or not, so I have to guess, and today I guessed wrong. She was cranky all morning, and I think it was because she didn't get enough to eat for breakfast.

Blah, she's not asleep in her crib, like I thought. I better go pick her blanket up, since she likely threw it on the floor and of course she can't fall asleep without it! :] Then I can get back to the huge stack of books I picked up from the library yesterday. The first one I read was a little weird (girl turns highwayman and then somehow ends up in a conspiracy plot against England and must run away to France, where she is barely saved from the guillotine by the death of Robespierre. Weird. I don't think I'll read more by that author.)

No comments: