Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Big News

So I usually don't like posting twice in a day, but since Adam wrote one and I'm writing the other, it's all good, right?

Well, it's probably leaked out to many of you, but I thought I'd let out an official announcement--we're having another baby! Baby X is due December 5. Yesterday we went in for my 14 week check-up and got to hear the heartbeat. Everything is normal and healthy and I've even gained less weight than I had at this point with Katrina. :]

Main difference between this pregnancy so far and my first--all of my symptoms come and go from week to week. I had a few weeks of horrible nausea and then it went away, came back, etc... I feel great this week and have even had energy to do more cleaning than has become the norm. We don't find out for another month or so whether it's a boy or a girl, though we're kind of hoping for a girl just so we can reuse the closetful of clothes we already have! It's nice that we already have all the gear.

So now you know why my postings have been so sporadic and rather negative--the first trimester is not my happiest time, sporadic symptoms or not! I'm happy to be in the second trimester and may even pull out some maternity clothes soon.

Three cheers for babies!

6 comments:

Evenspor said...

I have been waiting for you to announce it. Congratulations! And congratulations on your new walker too.

Amber said...

Congrats! I hope you are feeling 100% again soon. We're pretty excited to have another girl coming, but a boy would have been fun too--this way is just a little easier on the wallet :)
Yay, a new baby for Christmas. Katrina will be an adorable big sister.

Cindy said...

YAY!!!! Congrats! You two have the cutest kids I can't wait to see #2.

Deidre said...

So happy for you. Hopefully the bad symptoms will wear off. I'm guessing they'll be 18 months apart or so? Congrats. It is funny how different the second one is!

Elise said...

Toooooooriiiiiii. You haven't posted in, like, a thousand years. What gives? Some of us don't have lives, you know.

P.S. Still so excited for you! Hope you're doing well.

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

Congrats tori! this is great news! (duh, you already knew that!) but I am happy for you! Excited to hear more about it! I bet katrina will be a great big sissy!