Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Baby shoes

Katrina's Nana bought her a nice pair of Stride Rites a couple of weeks ago. We love them because before nothing would stay on Katrina's feet and these ones do for the majority of the time. They are easy to get on and off for us, and Katrina finally has something to wear on the playground and any time we go out in public. She's even worn them with her dresses for the last two Sundays because her silver dress shoes are so flimsy. Unfortunately, now Katrina doesn't want to take them off.

I first noticed it on Sunday at church. Katrina was walking back and forth on the bench and would occasionally lose a shoe. Each time she sat down, located the shoe, and held it out to us for us to put it back on her. Then yesterday we got home from the park and she lost one on the floor. I pulled the other one off, and wow! She was mad. Today I went walking with my visiting teachers and when I got home, the same thing happened: I took off her shoes and she freaked out. So I put them back on and she happily cruised around while wearing them. I had to removed them to change her diaper and that was another tantrum. I did give her one to play with in her crib for her nap, so she can, you know, cuddle with her shoe or something. I think it's kind of hilarious. I suppose there's nothing wrong with wanting to walk around with shoes. If she just has socks on, then she pulls them off quickly and ends up with clumps of hair wrapped around her toes. Adam and I just figure that her genetic tendencies as a girl towards liking shoes and jewelry (remember her arm bling?) are already displaying themselves.

2 comments:

Tasha's Life said...

That's hillarious!! I love it! I can't wait to see her in person.

Jolena said...

So funny! I guess that's better than always losing her shoes...