Saturday, May 16, 2009

Some pictures

Here are two pictures from my brother's wedding. On the left is his new wife, who is so sweet. Then my brother, mom, me, sister, and another brother. I think there's a pretty strong family resemblance, especially between my sister and I! I love how my mom has her missionary tag. My mom's a missionary--that's so cool!

And here is a picture of the new couple outside. I love how they coordinated colors. His outfit is a Filipino outfit, but hers is from here.

They're not smiling much in this shot, but trust me, they were smiling plenty! It is so nice to see my brother so happy and to have a new sister-in-law!


This morning I woke up to Adam having a freak-out moment as he realized he had slept in almost an hour. Actually, this is the second day in a row this has happened, since yesterday he woke up at 6:30 saying "What day is it? What day is it?" He is in charge of the youth temple trip today and was supposed to leave at about 6:10, when he woke up. We combined efforts to get him out of the door in only 10 minutes or so, and he was still the first person at the meeting place. I, unfortunately, could not fall back asleep. I instead read my book for an hour and a half, then slept for half an hour, and then was awoken by Katrina. So I'm pretty tired now.


Yesterday I really wanted some new books to read. I had a handful of thick books to return to the library and I didn't feel like waiting until Adam got home. So I packed Katrina in the stroller and we went on a walk for the first time in almost two weeks! Google maps said it should only take me 22 minutes to walk there, but it ended up taking 35. Good thing I planned it so Adam could pick us up on his way home from work! I would not have wanted to walk home, especially because my socks had bunched up and gave me blisters. I think from now on it will only take 30 minutes, because I did miss the exit off of the Radnor trail and had to turn around, but it still is not something I'll do regularly. And I found some books! One is a children's book for book club next month, and two are regency romance novels. I know that sounds lame, but I've actually read this author before and she has remarkably clean, interesting novels. I've always loved historical fiction, and these books are usually not just romance. If that sounds like I'm justifying reading romance novels, I totally am! But if anyone else likes a good clean historical romance, try Patricia Veryan. It's really hard to figure out the order of her books, but if you can do that, they are a fun read. Or at least, I remember them being a fun read, when I read them over five years ago! I think my mom liked them too. Oh, and they're hardcover, not softcover like all the bodice-rippers out there, and I had to go to the normal fiction section to find them, not the romance section. That definitely made me feel a little cooler. :]


Katrina is wandering around the kitchen, and she's starting to open cabinets, so I better go get her. She usually just opens them a little in order to watch them thump back closed, but I know rifling around in the pots and pans is the next step. Have a great Saturday!

1 comment:

Kirst said...

So glad Josh is happy...and he married a filipino, even cooler. I just have to say: "Yay for Josh!"