Saturday, April 11, 2009

Slow Saturday

Well, our Saturday plans were cancelled because of rain. There is a national park near us called Ringing Rocks Park that we planned on visiting. Apparently there is a field of boulders there that ring when hit with a hammer. Apparently it's pretty cool. But instead we vegged at home. Adam has cleaned a lot and I cleaned the vacuum with the hope that it will start working properly again. The filters were horribly clogged, so hopefully it will work once they have dried off. Oh, and I cut Adam's hair! I think I did a pretty good job, too. It looked a little crooked when I was done, but once the hair dried it looked fine. It took me really long, so Adam's back hurt by the end, and our clippers are cheap, so they pull on his hair, but hey, we saved $20! My sister is the real hair expert after cutting so many men's hair, and she is the one who taught me how to cut it, but I managed all right without her coaching me. I've done it before, but it's been over a year, since my last haircutting ventures were pretty stressful.

Tomorrow we're celebrating Easter and Katrina's birthday. Should be fun! I had these plans of buying chocolate molds on eBay and making her a little chocolate carousel to match the carousel cake Adam's mom and sister are making, but I kept putting off buying the molds until too late. Oops. That's all right. The party will go on.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter filled with remembrance of the true meaning of the holiday! Have a great Sabbath.

1 comment:

Elise said...

Wow, is it her birthday already? I can't believe it! What a cute one year old you have! That carousel cake sounds amazing. Please take some pictures of it!