Monday, April 20, 2009

Rainy Day Walk

I'm not sure which is harder--dealing with Katrina between 9:30 and 11:00 am or between 5 and 8:00 pm. The first is before her nap. She's always difficult to entertain and gets bored easily. The second is hard because she gets really cranky, a result of only taking one nap a day now, and she also is hard to entertain. At night, though, Adam is there to help, and we often leave the house to distract her.

This morning, it was 10:00, and I was dreading the remaining hour until her nap. So we trekked on outside for an early walk rather than our typical afternoon walk. It's a rainy day, so I draped a blanket over the stroller shade, and we headed out. Unfortunately, it was colder than I thought, so it was a fairly chilly experience. I took off Katrina's socks and put them on her hands since her feet were well-insulated by a fleece blanket and her hands were much more exposed. It's also really windy, and Katrina ended up with a blossom stuck in her hair, while I had one blow into my mouth.

I go to the doctor tomorrow and I'm going to try to find out about my loss of my sense of smell. I hope it's not permanent! I suppose I'd rather lose my sense of smell than my sight or hearing, but that's not much consolation when I can't smell the spring blossoms, Katrina's head, or carbon monoxide. :[

2 comments:

Elise said...

LOVED this post. It is all so, so true. Just wondering. . .has she really given up her morning nap/two naps a day? Do you think she could take two if you tried to get her to (not that you aren't already trying)? Everett didn't give his up for a while after he turned one. I don't know. I just know how important naps are to your/my/moms' sanity, and I wish you had a way to get her to sleep longer so you have more of a reprieve!

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

I love this picture! and I love reading your blog! (hope thats okay) And it is toally wierd that you lost your sense of smell... will be interested to see what the doc says!