Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday morning

Well, I'm at home, and Adam's at church. Katrina is much better today. She only has a mild fever and her temperament is closer to normal. But she still is a bit cranky and I knew that taking her to church would be really hard, seeing that it's not even 10:00 and she's ready for her first nap. Going to church would mean no nap until 12:30, or later if I went to choir. I still feel a little bad, because I think she might have been able to make it. Plus, the sister that I called to sub for me in Primary was planning on going home after Sacrament meeting to take care of her own sick kids (and having me sub for her in choir!), but when I called she changed her mind. She's one of the sweetest people I know. Her kids are older, so I think they'll be fine. I still feel a little guilty though!

So I'm home and trying to figure out what to do to get some spiritual nourishment for the day. Speaking of that, you may have noticed the button on the side of my blog for The Bucket Filler. A friend of mine asked me to join her in a scripture-reading blog, along with another of our friends and three other women who, until now, I did not know. We are finishing up our second week and I am really enjoying it. Each of us takes a chapter a day (we're starting with the Book of Mormon), and we read it, analyze it a little, and write a post about it. It's like our own little Institute class. :] So if anyone wants to pop over there, you are very welcome to read along with us and certainly to comment with your own insights.

I cut out the pieces for three of my quilting strips last night. I think I will go start sewing them together. This will be when I know whether my measurements worked out or not. I'm slightly nervous about the triangles. I added a quarter inch for seams to the side measurements hoping that that works for the diagonal sides too. At least the colors all look nice together. That's a start!

No comments: