Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Leaking ceilings.

I walked into the bathroom yesterday to grab some tp to blow my nose and got a gross shock when the toilet paper was soaking wet. So I turned on the light and it looked like our bathroom had been hosed down. The floor was super wet, the toilet was sprayed with water, and the mirror and walls on one side were all wet too. My slightly shocked mind could only think "Wow, I didn't realize we let so much water out when we were letting Katrina breathe shower steam this morning." Then I shook that thought out of my head, looked up, and saw that the ceiling tiles were dripping. This is the second time that our upstairs neighbors have flooded something and it leaked down into our apartment. Luckily maintenance came within minutes. He took away two of the ceiling tiles, which meant I had to shudder and look around compulsively for spiders every time I went in there and saw all of the cobwebs in the ceiling. He came back earlier today to replace them and our toilet seat too, which was all puckered. And now I realize why our mirror had weird streaks when we first moved in--apparently this has happened before. Moral of the story--we have awesome maintenance men and our neighbors seem to have issues with their water usage.

Katrina is about the same as yesterday, though with a better appetite. I took a nap yesterday after my last post, and then went to bed early too, but it wasn't enough to stave off the cold. So I'm sick now too. Adam was nice and went to the store to get me decongestant and orange juice before work.

I am having a hard time taking care of myself and Katrina. I'm hoping that she will be happier now, after her nap, than she was earlier. If not, this will be a miserable day. At least I can breathe out of half my nose, other wise I would feel even worse. What's killing me is the nausea that comes and goes too. Right now I'm good, but during her nap, I had to lay down because sitting up was too hard.

Well, she's throwing peas and cheerios now, so I need to go clean up and start playtime. I was planning on showing a pixture of my quilting attempt from last night, but I'll save it for later. I'm making coasters and practicing my machine and hand-quilting on them before tackling the real deal.

3 comments:

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

yikes! good luck with the water and I sure hope you feel better! Its so hard to be sick when your kids are too! Miss you Tori!

Tasha's Life said...

If it's not one thing, it's something else. Life is crazy! I'm so glad you have such a great maintenance staff there, so you can worry more about taking care of yourself and getting well and getting Katrina well. Love ya!

Elise said...

Wow, I'm really impressed with your maintenance staff. Thankfully we've never had to test ours out, even though we're renting privately. Sorry to hear that Katrina is still sick. Having a sick baby is the worst. At least with an older kid you can put a movie on while they settle in a pitiful heap on the couch. If I lived close to you, I'd totally bring you dinner!