Sunday, March 15, 2009

Birthday present


I forgot to take a picture of the cover when I finished it, but it was blue and said "My Church Book." Oh, and I'm really proud of these pockets.

Noah's ark. (I wrote in all of the captions and illustrations with fabric markers after I took the pictures. For instance, I drew in water and rain on this page.)
I also forgot to take a picture of the little animals on the other side of the blue foam tiles. It's a memory game--two of each animal.

Plan of Salvation.

"Help Adam name the animals."

"Help us get dressed for church."




"We can be sealed in the temple for time and for all eternity." It's a velcro puzzle. If most of these look familiar, it's because I copied the ideas from the quiet book I made for Katrina. Most of them ended up a little better from experience.

"Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon from the Gold Plates."

"The Lord commands us to pay our tithing."

"I can save my money to go on a mission." I found some coins with shamrocks on them in the St. Patricks day decorations.

Word of Wisdom--the ones on top have good things to eat:fruit, grains, vegetables. The bottom ones have X's over coffee and tea, cigarettes, and alcohol.
Cute, right? I really enjoyed making this quiet book. I hope my nephew likes playing with it!

SYS Thurs

6 comments:

Elise said...

Tori, that is beyond cute!

And, I was happy to see that you made the woman (the one to be dressed) pasty white, just like me! I tell you what, people like me don't get enough "press". White rocks!

Andrea Frazer - Pass the Zoloft said...

From a good Catholic to a Morman, I love it! I need one that talks about communion, confession, and priests who can't have sex that sometimes do dumb stuff. (Wait, not that last one.)

seriously, that is a great book! Love it!

Amanda said...

Too cute!!!

Jolena said...

I love it! You did a great job on this one too!

Shannon said...

I'm coming over from Somewhat Simple...love this book. So appropriate for the Sabbath. Is there any chance you would make downloadable templates for those of us who like to craft but are artistically challenged, i.e. can't draw? Just curious.

Andrea said...

I love this! so cute! I would love a template and/pr a tutorial.