Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Update

We're still here, though yesterday was one of the longest days I've ever lived through. Ugh. I'm not sure how I survived. Even after I stopped retching regularly, I felt so nauseated even up until I went to sleep. Adam was even worse. And then what we had been worried about happened--Katrina got sick. She only threw up a few times, and that didn't bother her, but she had several, umm, episodes in her diaper. I'm glad my mother-in-law has been here for so many reasons, but those diapers alone make her a saint.

Even though we're better today, we're still weak and feeling nauseous if we eat too much or if we don't eat enough. It's a tough balance. Adam's mom stayed the night. I can't emphasize how grateful we are for her. If she hadn't come over, we could have probably have taken care of ourselves, since each time we threw up we had a burst of energy for about ten minutes. But we absolutely could not have taken care of Katrina.

So Katrina started walking on her own with her lion. Just a few days ago she was refusing to walk with it each time I tried. But now she loves it and pushes it everywhere around the house. It's nice for her to be able to have mobility without me holding her hands. It's fun to watch.

I've reached my limit with sitting up, so I'm going to go lay down and read more Harry Potter 2.

4 comments:

Jolena said...

so I just need to register a complaint with you two. I think you gave me the stomach flu via the internet. I think it was a little toned down, since I only threw up 3 times last night and just had the longest night of my life, but I just wanted to let you know that the Internet is getting more powerful. You've got to be careful with what you send over it. :) lol

Seriously though, I really did get the stomach flu for the first time in like 15 years last night and I've been staring at my bowl of oatmeal trying to eat some of it for the last half an hour. Just wanted you to know that I sympathize with how you feel.

Oh, and I'm excited about Katrina walking with her toy. :)

Momza said...

Oh Tori,so sorry you guys are sick!
We've had the creeping crud around here too...I hope you're all well soon!

L said...

Hi. I found your blog through a comment you left on BabyCenter. I was just wondering where in PA you live. We just moved back to AZ FROM there and I miss it like crazy. I'm a fellow LDS and love your pics of the temple. Nice to meet you! :-)

Tasha's Life said...

Tori, This is terrible. I'm so sorry you guys have been so sick. I'm glad your mother-in-law is there to take care of you. If it's catching over the internet now, maybe I had better not read your blog or Jolena's notes, so that I avoid it myself. :) I love you and am thinking about you.