Monday, February 9, 2009

Still pluggin' away

We're housesitting this week. It's been fun so far. The kids are, as always, great, and the dogs are needy and rowdy. They've been especially bad today. I'll start petting one, the other will get jealous, and then they won't leave me alone. I threw them some treats outside to get rid of them for awhile, but Katrina's back down for a nap, so I'll probably let them back in.

Katrina and I spend all of her awake time either eating or playing with her lion. That's what it feels like, at least. She wakes up, I nurse her, we play around in the master bedroom with the lion, we go downstairs and I get her breakfast or lunch. Then afterwards we go into the living room and she plays around on the coffee table, then when she (or I) gets bored, we go back upstairs, play more with the lion, and then I put her down for a nap. It just takes her so long to eat a meal that we don't have time for much else.

Well, one of the kids is home, so I'm going to go downstairs. I have an exciting afternoon planned of reading Harry Potter and ... well, I'm not sure what else. Probably gossiping with the teenagers and cooking dinner. Not too bad, right? Adam has a much harder day. For the next three weeks he has an examiner at his firm, and he's the Deputy Compliance Officer, so he has a lot to do. To make up for missing most of last week, he spent Saturday at the office and went in way early today. Actually, I'm anticipating that he will be staying late and going in early a lot this next few weeks.

Hope everyone is having a great day! It's beautiful weather where we're at.

1 comment:

Elise said...

Wow, you're much nicer than me. I would send the dogs outside all day, every day rather than putting up with them. I'm sure they're sweet. . .but sometimes baby drool is enough.

I bet the kids love having you there. You're so fun and you have such a good sense of humor!

Sorry to hear that Adam is working early/late. We're in the throes of busy season here--I can definitely commiserate with you there. It isn't fun to have the hubby gone extra time.