Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy Saturday

Katrina, walking around with her lion and being all-around way cute.

Well, we did it. We finally went out to eat for Adam's birthday/Valentine's Day. I found a nice Indian restaurant nearby with great reviews, we packed up the diaper bag, and headed out. Adam was hesitant to bring Katrina, but I didn't care. I just wanted to get out of the house and have a nice dinner!

The food was oh so yummy, and luckily we were able to bring home half of it, so more Indian food today! Katrina ate it along with us. She doesn't eat spicy food very often, but she loved it. Unlike what I was afraid of, she was a little angel baby. She was so interested in everything and so patient in waiting for bites of food. The servers liked to come over and talk to her, since it was pretty empty. It was actually really funny--we walked in at 5:30 to a completely empty restaurant. Adam says, "I have a reservation for Adam James," like it even mattered, since we were the only patrons! I had to struggle not to laugh. Only two other parties came while we were there. It's a great restaurant, so I'm not sure what the deal was. But it does happen to be along a stretch of road that seems to have half the stores going out of business (we hit up Circuit City right afterward), so maybe it's just an unlucky place to own a business.

Here's another picture of my hair, with it all down. It's kind of stopped being curly at this point, so you can't really get a sense of how much it sticks up and out.
And here is my new friend! I bought this mini-elliptical and it just arrived yesterday. I tried it out last night and this morning and am very pleased. It has short strides, but I'm short, so it's all right. :] Balancing without something to hold onto isn't too bad and probably adds something to the exercise. It has a good amount of resistance so that even after just a few minutes I was breathing harder and feeling it in all the trouble spots in my legs--wahoo! I'm hoping that adding this to everything will help me feel healthier and lose weight.

And if that isn't enough by itself, the copious amount of Wii sports that we play should do it. :]

1 comment:

Elise said...

Tori, I LOVE your new haircut. It looks awesome! I really like the bangs on you. I wouldn't have predicted how much I like them, but they really suit you. You should show us a picture of them when you haven't pinned them back! It took my bangs a while to be "trained", so yours will probably come right along.

Thanks for the lion video. Cute, cute!