Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday, already? Weird.

Have I ever written about how awesome Adam's boss is? Adam called in sick to work on Tuesday. A few hours later his boss called and talked to me. He said, "Tell Adam, don't come to work tomorrow or Thursday. And if he can't eat lunch, don't come in Friday." On Fridays the boss buys lunch for them, which is why he said that. So Adam has been convalescing this week with no guilt at missing work. This morning we were both feeling better but still off. Adam debated, and finally he decided he definitely wouldn't be able to eat lunch, and then his boss would chastise him, so he should just stay home. He called his boss, who didn't even ask him how he felt, just said "Stay home!" I think I might have mentioned that Adam's coworker is fighting cancer, and another coworker has a wife with cancer, so germs around the office are not good. It turned out to be a very good thing that Adam stayed home again, because he still feels awful and tired and has laid around all day not wanting to eat but being hungry. I've been only slightly better. Yesterday was much worse for me. Luckily Katrina is all better and loves being able to play with her mom and dad. She walks around the apartment, parking her lion to cruise around the couch and tables, then walking somewhere else. It's way cute.

They're both napping right now. I should, but I keep thinking about all the stuff that needs to be packed before we go housesitting. At least I did a load of laundry and packed up all of my sewing stuff (I have a birthday present to work on), but no one has any clothes packed. And I need to eat too. We still have bland, gentle food, but we're starting to want more. Then again, if we do eat, we still feel funny afterwards, so it's best to stick to the bland stuff.

I wish I had fun pictures or videos to post, but I don't have the energy to transfer them from the cameras to the computer.

I would be looking forward to housesitting much more if we weren't all still recovering from being sick. At least I don't have to worry about dinner tonight. And I know what to expect this time. Plus, I'll be able to use their car, so I'm planning on coming back to our apartment some days and just spending the day here. That way I can bring back laundry, pick up clean clothes, and play with Katrina in the familiarity of our own place.

2 comments:

Jolena said...

I totally know what you mean about wanting to eat, but then feeling weird after you do! I swear I'm going to lose a bunch of weight before I actually feel a real desire to eat again and then feel good about what I ate.

I hope your house sitting goes well this time around. Sounds like you have a much better idea of how it will be and it'll be nice to have a car.

Feel better soon! And when you get a chance, definitely post video of Katrina walking on her own with her toy, because that would just be so cute to see.

Abbie H. said...

Hey, Tori. It's Abbie from all in His design. Just thought I'd give you a shout to come back over and watch my newest video!

You might be pleasantly surprised!