Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Doctor's Appointment #1

I woke up this morning, and guess what I could do? Breathe! Stand up! Eat! Yes, all of my ailments are getting better. Yesterday was miserable. I am thankful for President's Day because Adam was at home all day. He played mommy to Katrina, helped me as best he could, went to the store three times, and took advantage of my weakened state to buy a Wii. Just kidding. Well, not about the Wii, but about taking advantage of me. I gave him permission. Though it may have been a calculate move on his part, because I was too incapicitated to play much, so he got to play all he wanted. :]

I was pretty sure the plugged ducts had turned into full-blown mastitis, since I couldn't stand or even really sit up without feeling nauseous, I had chills constantly, and the pain is much worse than I have previously had. So this morning, even though I feel a little better and can at least walk and drive and pick up Katrina gingerly, I made an appointment with the doctor. My doc is out of town, so I got to see a really nice, energetic female doctor. I think I might try to change to her. She, and all the other nurses and doctors, and well, everyone, loved Katrina. She has some cold symptoms and is feeling clingy, so when people would look at her she would turn her head sideways and lean into me, which of course made them ooh and aah more. She really is a cute baby! I am now on antibiotics and the doctor said that I should feel much better by the end of the week.

Katrina has her next well-baby visit today, though because of our colds, I'll probably sit in the sick kid room. She was coughing pretty badly this morning. I think it's the same cold as I have, so hopefully it goes away soon. Oh, and I don't think she'll get any shots today! I may write another post later today. Have a nice day, everyone!

2 comments:

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

I had mastitis once... it hurts SOOO bad! I hope you feel better soon!

Elise said...

Oh, I'm glad to hear you're on the mend. That is the one redeeming thing about Mastitis: the worst gets over with within a day or so. And how nice that Adam could be home with you! Since he got a Wii, you should buy something for yourself since you were the one who was sick. . .