Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Home again

The plane ride home wasn't as nice as on the way over, but I think Katrina did as well as possible for a very tired baby. Actually, she slept during the entire first flight from Salt Lake to Denver. Take-off, flight, and landing. The flight from Denver to Philadelphia was only 3 hours and 15 minutes, but for some reason it felt like five hours. Katrina finally fell asleep at the end, but she was fussy and wiggly and refused to eat or nurse, so we had trouble keeping her occupied. She really wanted to be up and playing. I walked her to the back of the plane once and she was so excited that she kept giggling and smiling at the flight attendants.

Phew. I'm very glad to be home. We were in bed by midnight last night. Katrina cried for awhile when we tried to put her to sleep, until we gave her back her blanket (I had wanted to wash it). After that, she went straight to sleep. We recently figured out just how much she loves that blanket, which I have used in her crib every night just because it was so soft and comfy. I'm glad we brought it to Utah. It helped calm her on the plane. She likes to suck on her thumb through the blanket. It's the only time she sucks her thumb anymore.

We had a wonderful morning yesterday with my parents going to the Draper Temple Open House. I've never been to one of those before and it was really nice. It's fun being able to see all of the different rooms in a temple before it is in use. The wood and windows everywhere were gorgeous. I loved the sealings rooms especially, and the celestial room was absolutely wonderful. It is narrow and tall so that your gaze just can't help but raise upwards towards heaven. Katrina loved the pretty chandeliers. She was very well-behaved. Then we headed out to lunch with my parents and they left us off at the airport.

Here are a few pictures that I snagged from Jolena's sister-in-law's facebook account. She was a gorgeous bride, huh? In the third are my three brothers who were at the wedding. They are on the left, along with Adam.



No comments: