Monday, January 5, 2009

Busy Monday

Today's pretty busy. I already have been to JoAnn fabrics, Trader Joe's (for the first time), Acme, plus I took Adam to work this morning. Katrina has had virtually no play time, which always makes me feel a little bad. Still, I'm hoping she stays asleep for a LONG time so that I can do the things I need to for tonight. Tomorrow is transfers for the missionaries, and since we really like the current set of missionaries and it's likely one or both will be transferred, Adam wanted to make them a nice dinner tonight. I'm making key lime pie, asparagus soup, and biscuits. Adam is making the main dish, New York Steak with Tarragon Sauce, plus I think he wants to make mashed potatoes too. Quite the meal, huh? Blame Adam--he loves to cook and gets a little excited when he has a good reason.

I bought some fabric for pillows at JoAnns. I decided on a nice blue fabric for the long pillow and a buttery gold fabric for the two pillow covers. They have the same pattern. I'm not sure what kind of fabric they are--I'm so bad at that sort of thing--but I think they might be some sort of brocade? I got to shop in the home decor fabric section, which was fun.

Oh, and I'm not sure I've mentioned that Adam and I agreed to watch the bishop's kids next month for a week and a half while they go on their anniversary trip. We also are watching them later this week for several days. "Watching" pretty much means just being an adult presence and making them dinner. They're 14 and 18. It also means a longer commute for Adam. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing, especially because I hate having to cook multiple days in a row for several people. And we have no idea where Katrina will sleep. But it definitely will shake things up a bit, and we all need that occasionally, right? At least the kids are really great, except for their tendency to constantly be texting on their phones. Constantly. Oh well, I'll just ask that they not text during dinner and ignore it otherwise.

1 comment:

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

wow! you are ambitous! hope everything goes well!