Friday, December 5, 2008

Incommunicado and Bad Mommy Moment

So we're leaving tomorrow for Mohonk and will be back Monday. I'm sure I'll have pictures and stories to post when we get back. Adam says there arent any electronics or cellphone signals, so nothing important better happen while we're gone, got it?

So, I have what I call Bad Mommy Moments occasionally. For example, one day I was on the computer and Katrina was on the floor. After a few minutes of silence from her, I glanced down to see that she had rolled over to the power supply of the laptop and was playing with it. Yeah, definitely a Bad Mommy Moment. Similarly, on Sunday I put her on the floor to play the piano in Primary. I heard one of the kids say, "That baby is doing something very dangerous!" I looked to see that she was playing with the microphone cord, and even worse, it had some exposed wires showing.

Today my Bad Mommy Moment occurred when I was cooking. Katrina was quite fussy and I plopped her in her high chair and looked for something to occupy her. Bingo! A banana. I handed it to her and proceeded to fix beef-o-lay (spaghetti sauce and ground beef over chips, lettuce, and tomatoes). A few minutes later, I looked over and saw that the whole end of the banana was gone! She had bitten it off completely, even through the skin. I ran over and it wasn't on the floor or her lap, which meant she had eaten it. I stuck my finger in her mouth and fished out the end, which luckily she had not tried to swallow. Phew! I then took it away from her, but that made her upset, so I peeled it and gave it back. These pictures are from that. She kept taking bites out of it, but I'm not sure how much she actually ate. Her bib was full of little pieces of banana.

2 comments:

Momza said...

she is so cute, Tori. She looks like your Dad for sure!

Kim Moldofsky said...

What a cutie!
Kim (Momformation)