Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas at the D.C. temple









We went to the temple in Washington, D.C. yesterday. Adam's family also was there along with members of their ward and missionaries from the Cherry Hill mission. Adam and I switched off watching the baby and going into the temple to do some work for his ancestors. It was wonderful to go to the temple for the second time since we moved here. We also went to the visitor's center and viewed the creche collection and the photography exhibit. I loved both. I really love nativity scenes and have long wanted my own collection. The photography exhibit was really unique and inspiring. The artist was Mark Mabry and I would love to own some of his work. If anyone is in the D.C. area, you should definitely check out the visitor's center at the temple and look at that exhibit!

Today was the whirlwind Sacrament Meeting Christmas program with lots of performances. Here's a rundown of how I felt things went-
-Primary song--I fudged through it and played most of the important notes. Dang song was five verses long, but other than that, pretty all right.
-Three choir numbers--just fine. Pretty songs.
-Quartet--just fine. My voice only refused to work on a couple of notes, and it was fine for the rest. Ever since losing my voice at Mohonk I've had a hard time hitting Bs, but I managed and we blended well. I like singing with talented people.
-Violin number--95% went really well and I felt like I did my best. Unfortunately two measures of the climactic phrase were awful and then I came in at the wrong part a measure later because I was so flustered. I was pretty upset, but I got over it and I got lots of compliments, so I'll call this a success. I'm my own worst critic, after all. Adam said it was noticeable but not that bad.
We headed to Jersey, which is always fun, though never quite as relaxing as we hope for since Katrina usually is super fussy. She finally slept on the way home, but then refused to go to bed when we got home. So she stayed up for awhile and I just just put her to bed. Phew.

3 comments:

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

Tori! I am so glad that you left a comment! I have been trying to figure out your blog for a while! But I have not been able to, I though I had it saved... but didn't! The lights look amazing! We missed them by just barely! Merry Christmas! YOur little girl is getting so big and even more beautiful!

JenniferB said...

My sister Cindy got married in the DC temple at Christmas -- truly amazing and gorgeous, as always! Katrina is adorable (also, as always). ;)

Tasha's Life said...

I love Katrina in the white coat. So cute!!! I love the D.C. Temple!!! I wish I could be out there with you.